Energia Minerals Limited (Energia) is an Australian based publicly listed company (ASX:EMX). Energia now holds over 5,500km² of highly prospective tenements in both Australia and Italy which are all 100% company owned.
Since listing December 2009 Energia has focused on advancing its flagship project, the Carley Bore uranium deposit, located in Carnarvon Western Australia. Another exciting and evolving project area for Energia is the Patterson Province in Western Australia, adjacent to the Kintyre Deposit.
- Experienced mining executive Kim Robinson appointed Managing Director.
- Sonic drilling program at Carley Bore confirmed good correlation between sonic and aircore drilling and added support for using geochemical analytical methods in Uranium resource definition.
- Pumping Tests completed with hydraulic conductivities favourable for In-Situ Recovery (ISR).
- Metallurgical Testing completed on Carley Bore. Nine out of ten samples tested showing 90% uranium recovery over 48 hours, with the bulk of the extraction achieved in the first 12-24 hours.
- Drilling at Carley Bore identified extensions to the Uranium deposit. A new resource calculation was done in February 2013 increasing the Inferred Resource to 16.7 Mlbs U3O8.
- Further significant growth potential was tested in a first pass regional drilling programme within the broader Nyang Project, allowing construction of a regional geological model for further testing.
- Further funding was secured to underpin on-going drilling programs and technical studies at Carley Bore, despite volatile market conditions.
- Italian-based wholly owned subsidiary created to facilitate exploration and development in that region.
- Area under tenement doubled at Gorno Zn-Pb-Ag project to cover likely extensions to known mineralisation.